Birthdays always seem to sneak up on you, don’t they?
I can’t really it’s about time to celebrate mine again. (And when I say celebrate, I mean… kind of go about my business as I would any other day.) But I can’t resist putting together a wish list, especially since I had so much fun collaborating posts like this for the holidays.
Get ready, get set because I am going to make this list about books WITHOUT including any books. (Friends, I still have so many to read that I’m going to have to make them pay rent soon.)
1. Bombshell: Original Cast Recording (Smash): My birthday is actually the kick off of the new season of SMASH. A show I loved last year in the beginning until I just tolerated the craptastic storylines to hear the music and catch the Broadway cameos. The apple of my eye, Jeremy Jordan, will be joining the cast (and I am forced to share him with America so you are welcome, ladies) and I so can’t wait. But until then I will READ and listen to this recording at the same time.
2. Grace of Cakes Dress: You can’t just read a book in pajamas or jeans and a t-shirt! No way! My very enjoyment of a book is based on my wardrobe so hey, this dress would be perfect. (Okay, I’m lying but I sure would look adorable wearing this while reading a book, right?)
3. Austin Tote from Fossil: How gorgeous are the stripes on this bag? I can put books in here so easily plus it will remind me of my dear friend Magan who is from Austin! (That was too easy.)
4. Square Castle Print at ThimblePress: This lovely print is inspired by Disney’s It’s a Small World attraction + I absolutely adore it. Because well, it would be great to look at it while I’m reading, or perhaps it would look lovely above my bookcase. One or the other.
5. Coach Poppy Flower perfume: I have the rollerball of the Poppy + Poppy Flower perfumes and absolutely adore it. (Having a rollerball perfume in your purse is quite positively the best thing ever.) I just ran out of my Marc Jacobs Lola scent as my “day” option so it would be fun to have a full size so I can wear this one more and smell awesome while I’m reading. (See what I did there?)
6. Palm trees: Friends, warm weather and an ocean to swim in are quite possibly all I can think of these days. Plus I can read a lot of books without interruption. (As long as I don’t ignore my husband too much, right?)
7. Dinosaur Bookends from KnobCreekMetalArts: Pretty self-explanatory, don’t you think? Our apartment could use some fun bookends to spruce up that ever-growing stack of books. I think these would suit the husband and I just fine!
Okay, whew! Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…