Earlier this week, Magan conjured up a list of books for those who may be apprehensive about reading the young adult genre.
I’m going to take the other extreme and give you ideas for your friends and family WHO love to read but their roof may cave in if you gave them another book. (Many of you may relate to this.)
(Oh, how I wish I could share the gift I bought for Magan this year on this post. But sadly, it’s still a surprise.)
So there are some alternate suggestions for the book lovers in your life:
1.Notable and Quotable Postcards from Penguin Books: Would love to use these babies as decor in my apartment, bookmarks, or even to send to your pals (maybe with books!!)
2. Ideal Bookshelf: This is one of my favorite gift ideas. I’ve bought these for friends and myself. Such a fun way to display your love of reading. Jane Mount is so talented, her detail is so amazing + she is certain to have a bookshelf available that you love. She also just came out with a coffee table book (it’s beautiful) and postcards of the prints are available!
3. Aerie Slouchy Boyfriend Pants: No joke, I wish I could live in these pants 24/7. What reader in your life doesn’t need the most comfortable, cloud-like lounge pants in the universe? Probably one of the best wardrobe pieces I’ve bought all year. In fact, I’m wearing them as we speak.
4. Bookends from KnobCreekMetalArts: Magan and I were ohhing and ahhing over this entire etsy shop one afternoon. I love the bikes best, but there are guitars, sayings, and more. I think bookends are such an overlooked decor piece, and I can’t wait to get some new ones to fill my house. (And hey, every time the lucky gift recipient looks at them, they’ll know they are from you!)
5. Schuyler Fisk: Sounds of the Holiday: I should have included this in my Baby-Sitters Club roundup but I totally forgot. (Thanks to Rachel for the reminder!) If you remember Schuyler played Kristy Thomas in the BSC Movie way back when. Now she is a musician and I really enjoy her music. Any BSC fan will know who she is! 🙂
6. Plot Your Course Passport Cover: Penguin stuff is just too cute. Love this passport cover. I’m always looking for one. (It’s great if you are just carrying cash and cards on a trip too.)
7. Strand Pouch: The Strand is an awesome bookstore in NYC, and I love their bags. You can buy them online + how cute is this owl design on a pouch? I keep something like this in my bag for pens, perfume, and 100 lipsticks or so.
8. Book Lover’s Journal: My husband surprised me with this last year for Christmas and it came quite in handy for me to slip into my purse and take notes. (That was one of my new year’s resolutions for reading… and I have kept up with it most of the year so yay for a good gift from the husband.)
9. Anne Taintor Sticky Pads: Oh gee. I love Anne Taintor and her snarky ladies. I thought this “#%&@*!!!!!!” pad was best for those moments in books when we are so so so excited/angry/intensely in it.
P.S. Those for you on the prowl for ideas for the men in your life… still thinking number 2, 4, and 6 could work out really well for you!