HI, FRIENDS! I kind of feel like a slacker because I don’t have a vlog for today’s Shelve It, but ya know, sometimes life gets a little hectic (and I look a little ca-razy today…therefore should not be seen in vlog format). Moving on.
I did go to ALA this past week, but I’m just going to briefly say that I stood in lots of long lines to meet authors. I didn’t peruse the floor as much as I stood in line to meet some of my favorite people. That was pretty freakin’ incredible. Seeing Morgan Maatson was definitely (definitely) the highlight of my week.
I got a package in the mail a few weeks ago from Simon & Schuster and just want to give them a shout out to say THANK YOU for these. They are one of my favorite publishers and I was beside myself when I received these.
- The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt (Goodreads) – I devoured this one on a plane ride recently and really, really enjoyed it. Be on the lookout for my review, but also, it hits bookstores on July 10th!
- Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt (Goodreads) – This one is a cheating book (eep!) and it’s been on my to-read list since Estelle reviewed it.
- Possession by Elana Johnson (Goodreads) – I read this one last year (and reviewed it on Goodreads). The companion book, Surrender, just came out June 1st.
- Wrecked by Anna Davies (Goodreads) – This book is described as a contemporary paranormal book. There’s a boating accident, a mysterious boy, and lots of secrecy. I need to read this soon!
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Goodreads) – This one definitely seems a little outside of my normal reading zone, but I am intrigued by it. Lots of my Goodreads friends have rated this pretty highly.
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (Goodreads) – I suppose after seeing my name pop up in their twitter feed regarding MY UNDYING LOVE for this book, they decided I needed a finished copy of this one.
Here’s what happened around our blog this week:
- Anxious to know what comes out this July? Check this list for July 2012 Young Adult releases.
- Don’t You Wish would be a great discussion book in classrooms.
- A LONG WAY FROM YOU author Gwendolyn Heasley stops by to answer a few of E’s questions.
- I recommend you have a friend on standby when you finish My Life Next Door.
- Estelle said Daughters for a Time tugged at her heart strings.
- Smart Girls Get What They Want reminded me of my dorky high school self.