Good morning! So I was inspired to write a post like this one last summer. Can you believe it’s been that long? Funnily enough, I’m not even going with my original idea… this is the idea that stemmed from the original. (I may revisit that one at some point, especially if you enjoy this post!)
Have you ever heard a song and thought “omg that is about reading and books!!”? Okay, maybe not. It could be only me thinking way too hard. Either way, today is all about Disney songs that made me think about reading. It was such a hardship to listen to so many Disney mixes on Spotify and songs from my own collection for this, a.k.a., the best assignment I’ve ever given myself. So whether you believe in me and my mix or you are a total naysayer, here’s a glimpse into what you can expect:
- “I’m getting closer and closer everyday / I’m almost there / People down here think I’m crazy but I don’t care.” You are almost finished with your book and don’t care what people think when you say it’s the 100th book you read this year.
- “The world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different now that I see you.” You have discovered the greatest book of your life.
- “Just around the riverbend, just around the riverbend… I look once more just around the riverbend…” What is going to happen in this book?!
- “Just take a look through my eyes / Everything changes / You’ll be amazed what you’ll find.” The importance of being a compassionate reader and welcoming new characters into your life.
- “All I want to do, when the day is through, is linger here on the front porch with you.” See? We’d all rather be reading.
If reading feels like a great romance, your best friend, and the best adventure and comfort of your life… I think you’ll like this mix. 🙂
Enjoy! And don’t forget to sing as loud as you want!