I’m sitting in my living room curled up in a blanket (I’m not cold, I just like them) and whew, not believing another month has flown by. WE ARE ABOUT TO HIT THE HALF-YEAR MARK ALREADY. Doesn’t anyone else feel like they haven’t done enough this year yet? Time to get cracking on those resolutions, that’s for sure. M & I have had a pretty active month — my husband graduated from law school, she went on an epic Hawaiian trip to photograph a family wedding, Texas storms, NYC heat, and BEA of course. Here are some of our favorite pics:
Shopping List Musts:
What to Click:
- Dear Mr. Henshaw Illustrator Responds to Worried Students @ Horn BookÂ — a must read for fans of this particular book but also EVERY ONE OF US who reads like there’s no tomorrow.
- Actress Jamie King’s first column @Â Elle: “How do we find the balance between being sensitive, intuitive, and emotional as women but also strong, clear, vibrant, and focused? I think we’re still trying to figure that part out.”
- Anici Mrose Rissi (author & former editor at Harper) talks about dogs, relationships, and independence @ New York Times.
- Eclectic summer reading list from Book Riot! So many goodies on this list.
On the Blog:
- Phone a (Meant to Be) FriendÂ & The Big Wave/Break | Pub Date
- Dive Into Diversity: Chatting with YA Diversity Book Club
- Little Kids: Vacation & Travel Edition
- City Prep | BEA Part of It Roundup
- Rather Be Prom-ingÂ | Playlist & Books
- Mothers of Book Lovers: Meet Ramona & Pam
Reviews | Buy It
- Kissing in America by Margo Robb
- Happiness for Beginners by Katherine Center
- Drive Me Crazy by Â Terra Elan McVoy
- Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu
- A Court of Rose & Thorns by Sarah J. Maas
Reviews | Worth It
- Black Iris by Leah Raeder
I love that our reads this month were SO fantastic. Has me looking even more forward to June, which is going to include some memorable book events, planning a possible reunion with M, and I’m sure a lot more surprises. Be sure to stick around! Oh — and let us know about your top reads of the month. We want to read them too!
Psst. Don’t forget — Dive Into Diversity check in (with special guest!) on June 9.