Happy December, friends! (Wait. What? How in the world is it already December?!) We’re taking a break from our traditional reviewing this month to bring you a few original posts to break outside our mold, be creative, and celebrate the holidays. Join us, won’t you?
First up is our Non-Bookish Holiday To-Do List. Since we’re taking a break from our typical reading schedules, we think you should too. Step outside. Explore. Watch some cheesy Hallmark and/or ABC movies. Check out what we’ll be doing…
- See Disney’s newest animated film, FROZEN. We actually both went with our hubby’s (they’re awesome, aren’t they?) during our Thanksgiving breaks from work. We both agree that you MUST see it. We were texting each other our favorite parts after we had both seen it. Definitely, definitely recommend it. Oh, and maybe bring some tissues. And don’t forget the popcorn!
- Go out and see CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Seriously, go! Bundle up. Invite friends. Magan went with her foster daughter and husband this past weekend to Santa’s Wonderland in College Station, TX; there were over a million lights and a hay ride and live music and a petting zoo. Look up local places for your area. Another TX option is the Trail of Lights in Zilker Park. (Be warned. When Magan went last year, it was packed. Be prepared to wait in line to walk through the trail. Wear comfortable shoes!)
- Invite a best friend out for a delicious cup of HOT CHOCOLATE. Estelle highly, highly recommends going to The City Bakery if you live in NYC. Take some time to catch up with a friend. Maybe do some shopping together or just sit in a comfortable environment with your hot beverage and spend some time together.
- Watch some cheesy HOLIDAY MOVIES. Raise your hand if you’re addicted to Christmas movies? Who is DVRing all of them on ABC Family and the Hallmark channel? ABC Family has the 25 Days of Christmas marathon and the Hallmark channel has the Countdown to Christmas lineup. Don’t be ashamed. We all need a little heart-warming at the end of the year. Indulge! Estelle is really looking forward to Holidaze, premiering on December 8th.
- And last but not least, GET CRAFTY. Who would we be if we weren’t encouraging you to pull out your crafting scissors to get your DIY on? We love these two Pinterest projects — Gift Tags and Holiday Paper Tree. (Please excuse the random numbers 6 and 8 on the tree image.) We’ve both really enjoyed sharing our craftiness with our friends and family at this time of year because we hear back from those people throughout the year about how much they love the gift or thoughtfulness we put into it. While crafting does take some time and thought, it does help us to stick to our budgets!
Tell us what non-bookish things you like to do this time of year?
What are you most looking forward to this December?