If this beautiful cover doesn’t inspire you to check outÂ Redemption Bay by RaeAnne Thayne, here are 5 reasons you should try it out theÂ next time you’re in the mood for some small town romance:
1. You will fall in love with the town as much as you will fall in love with this couple.Â Sure, small towns rule the romance genre but Haven Point has water, gelato, boat races, and peopleÂ who are willing to bet a $1000Â on homemade cookies for charity. If this place was real, I would be booking a summer vacation there pronto.
2. McKenzie Shaw is mayor of Haven Point, and determined to prove to her old crush/ now billionaire, Ben Kilpatrick, that this town is worth investing in (especially after some rough economic times for its citizens). McKenzie is kick ass because she cares so much for the town and its people (as a good mayor should) and she goes above and beyond to cheerlead for them. I absolutely loved her for her independence and loyalty. (Plus her background story is so different compared to a lot of the romance I’ve read.)
3. A dog friendship. Need I say more?
4. McKenzie and Haven Point aren’t the one ones dealing with a lot of curveballs this summer. Ben is not happy to be back in his childhood home and he’s not exactly filling up his free time with plans to see his mom and his family. Thayne is not easy on Ben (just like most of the Haven Point-ers) but she gives him this well-done character arc, and I was so glad to see himÂ accept his past and gain so much more in these pages — making Redemption Bay a nicely balanced story.
5. I love two characters with a history. When McKenzie was young, she was best friend’s with Ben’s little sister and totally in love with Ben. He never noticed her, and because of certain events, McKenzie’s love for the guy turns to extreme hatred. Until she sees him again. This push & pull developed into one of the nicest slow burn romances I’ve experienced in awhile. You could tell the author put a lot of time and care into the details of her story, and wasn’t rushing to throw our couple together. Thayne also made fishing seem incredibly sexy. Who knew?
The wonderful folks at Little Bird Publicity are offering up a copy of Redemption Bay by RaeAnne Thayne and a bonus gift to one lucky winner in the United States. Enter below to win! Good luck and happy summer romance! xoxo
An early copy of this book was provided by the publisher. Thanks!