I don’t know about you but when it’s 8 degrees outside and you have to wear about 12 layers to walk a few blocks, all you want is summer. (Sun, and all things hot…) Â All I want to do is imagine cute clothes, ice cream cones, and long walks in the sunshine. Â At least for now, we can all escape the winter doldrums with a good book. Am I right?
Let’s talk about Nantucket Blue. Debut writer Leila Howland blew me away with her tale of a Cricket’s unexpected summer spent in Nantucket after a best friend break up and huge changes back at home. From vibrant supporting characters to a whoa-whoa-whoa electric romantic interest and trying to figure out why her best friendship no longer exists, Nantucket Blue remains one of my top YA discoveries. And the setting! Nantucket. I promise you will feel warm and cozy in no time (and probably ready to book a plane ticket too).
While there’s no better way to channel summer then by picking up Nantucket Blue, how about we do a little shopping too? It was a blast to piece together this themed gift pack because nautical is one of my favorite themes in decor, clothing, whatever. If it’s nautical I probably love it. Hope you enjoy this glimpse into the book, as we await the warmer weather and, most importantly, the highly anticipated follow-up to Nantucket Blue: Nantucket Red.
1. I think it’s obvious from most of this mood board that I’ve gone pretty nautical with my picks. I cannot help it! When I think of Nantucket, I think of boats and dressing neat and preppy. How cute is this scarf from the Gap?
2. Kate Spade has the cutest spring line right now featuring everything nautical. It was so hard for me to narrow it down but since Cricket spends most of her summer on the go… how could I not go with this over-sized pouch. You can use these for your electronic devices but lately I’ve been packing jewelry and important papers in them.
3. When I talked to Magan about this gift pack, she was like CRICKET SHOULD BRING SOMETHING TO NANTUCKET TO MAKE HER FEEL AT HOME. Okay, she didn’t scream it but I loved the idea. A pillow is easy to pack, and the saying is pretty indicative of most of Cricket’s moves in Nantucket Blue. (Paper Presentation)
4. Here’s another Magan inspired pick. When Fossil sent out an email about their newest line of watches, we were both drooling over this mint green one. And Cricket needs it. To make it to her stops over the summer — working at the hotel, interning, and catching time with her romantic interest.
5. I’m always looking for the best way to transport all my belongings for a short weekend away. Since Cricket is gone for most of the summer, I think this Kate Spade Saturday Weekender Bag is the way to go. The zippered shoe compartment is a great feature.
6. And last but certainly not least… this dress is inspired by one of my favorite moments in Nantucket Blue. And one I could totally relate to. It may not be an exact replica of what actually transpires (or ends up in Cricket’s closet) but it’s colorful, it’s youthful, and I think rightfully represents the happier parts of this very different kind of summer for our main character. (Guys, I was not kidding about the splurge. This dress is $348 from Anthropologie. A girl can dream…)
Don’t forget to pick up a copy of Nantucket Blue, too!
Stay cozy, friends!