So I kind of cheated for today’s Top Ten Tuesday. I only chose nine books. This is so incredibly OCD of me, but when I was doing the layout, I did a grid that only had room for 9 books. I’m a bit neurotic and couldn’t force myself to squeeze in a tenth book. Oops?
This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and The Bookish) is Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Pre-Blogging.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls — *gasp* I KNOW! You guys don’t see me read a lot of adult fiction (much less memoirs), but ohmygosh this book is so flipping fantastic. I had a very deep emotional connection to this one.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart — I also don’t read TONS of middle grade books, but this serious is so fantastic. It’s about kid geniuses who need good homes and they’re always trying to solve a mystery.
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin — By now I’m sure we’ve all seen the movie, but I was a major chick lit girl back in the day.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley — This was shortly before I became a blogger (but still a rec from Estelle) and … wow. Gorgeous writing. Lovely story.
- The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta — All hail Melina Marchetta. By far my favorite of her books. Love, love, love.
- Hourglass by Myra McEntire — Time travel? What? In addition to that and the steamy tension between the characters, this is a total win.
- Perfect Fifths (Jessica Darling #5) by Megan McCafferty — Yes, I chose the FIFTH book and not the first. It’s my favorite. What’s yours?
- Love Story by Jennifer Echols — I’m kind of in the minority, I think, for loving this book the way I do. There’s not a perfect ending, but boy do I like the open-endedness.
- Staying at Daisy’s by Jill Mansell — And one more chick lit book for you guys. Jill is hilarious. Her characters are always in some undeniably terrible point in their lives. I need to read another of her books ASAP.
(Okay, so what would my tenth pick really be? The entire Harry Potter series. Ooops — I just cheated again. That makes 16 books. ;))
Don’t forget to check out the fabulous list over at The Broke and the Bookish!
What were your favorite books pre-blogging?