It’s Sunday! Hope you guys are having a great weekend.
No v-log this week because I have friends in town and I’m unplugging for most of the weekend. I do, though, want to send my well-wishes to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy these last two weeks. I grew up in New Jersey, and now live in New York, and I’ve been torn apart by the images I’ve been seeing.
On my other blog this week, I wrote a piece about the beach town I practically lived in for a good amount of my life and spent countless summers. It’s the same beach that is featured in Tara Altebrando’s The Pursuit of Happiness, and how ironic is it that my review for that particular book went up the same time I was watching pictures of a totally destroyed town. Sigh. But I was really happy to see that Tara was donating proceeds from the purchase of her newly packaged eBooks to hurricane relief. I hope you will think of doing the same. (Really, $4.99 is a steal for one of Tara’s books!)
Thanks again for listening + here are some of the other books that are sitting on my bookshelves as of this week:
- Also Known As by Robin Benway (February 26, 2013 release) — author of Audrey Wait! + one of my favorite Dear Teen Me letters!
- Being Henry David by Cal Armistead (March 1, 2013 release)
- When Love Comes to Town by Tom Lennon (March 1, 2013 release) — first U.S. publication of this novel since it came out 25 years ago!
- I Am Lucky Bird by Fleur Phillips (August 26, 2011 release)
Purchased for my Nook:
- What Happens Here by Tara Altebrando
- The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta — thx to Carla’s review at Makeshift Bookmark!
Also! Huge congrats to Sara from The Page Sage +Â Elizabeth! Both winners have been emailed!! Thanks to all who entered!
Have a great week!! Tell me what you’re reading!