Happy, happy Sunday, friends!Â I hope you’ve had an awesome weekend so far. Saturday was one of THE BEST Saturday’s we have had – it was a complete day off full of relaxing, meeting up with friends, going to our neighborhood pool, and planning for a new project we want to do on a wall in our bedroom (Pinterest will be the death of me!).
Half Price Books Purchases
- Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles (Goodreads | Amazon) — I’m a newbie to this series, but have heard nothing but rave reviews about it. It’s contemporary, but a bit darker, and after readingÂ Pushing the LimitsÂ (Goodreads) I’m aching to fill the void with some beautifully broken characters.
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Goodreads | Amazon) — I’ve heard really great things about this series. I always check ratings and reviews for books quickly when I’m at bookstores or the library and almost everyone of my friends on Goodreads rated this a 4 or 5 star book.
- PartyÂ by Tom Leveen (Goodreads | Amazon) — Highly recommended to me by Karen at For What It’s Worth after she saw how much I enjoyedÂ Zero (review), Leveen’s new book.
Books I’ll Be Reading Soon (Received at ALA or TLA)
- Through to YouÂ by Emily Hainsworth (Goodreads | Amazon) — It’s about an apparition, secrets, and death. Sounds intriguing!
- Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler (Goodreads | Amazon) — Samantha tries to make someone jealous by kissing another boy… who happens to have a peanut allergy. He dies in her arms. How will she forgive herself?
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo (Goodreads | Amazon) — Hello, gorgeous cover! There’s an accident, memory loss, and lives unraveling. Boy, do I love me some mystery and suspense…
- InsigniaÂ by S.J. Kincaid (Goodreads | Amazon) — Highly, HIGHLY recommended to me by the fabulous trio — April at Good Books and Good Wine, Anna at Anna Reads, and Sash at Sash & Em. Pretty sure if I didn’t read this one, it would be likeÂ committingÂ a mortal sin. And, Anna might ALL CAPS me (again).
- The ForsakenÂ by Lisa M. Stasse (Goodreads | Amazon) — It’s caught my attention so far; things are happening quickly and Stasse is wasting no time throwing me into the midst of the drama (even though I’m only 26 pages in).
Standout Awesome Posts This Week…
- Mandee did an AH-MAZING RECAP of the author signing she attended with Melina Marchetta [insert major envy here]. I’ve never read as thorough a recap as this one! (Thanks so much, Mandee, for kicking ass and doing such an amazing job!)
- Our friend Tara’s blog turned TWO this week and she’s doing a fantastic giveaway to celebrate her blogoversary!
- Have you seen the new series our friends Sash & Em are doing? Clothing InspirYAtion — books paired with freakin’ adorable outfits created by these lovely ladies! (GENIUS, I tell ya.)
- Check out our girl Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner and how stinkin’ adorable she is in her engagement photos (and wedding dress)!
What We Were Up to Around the Blog…
- I felt a little sad and depressed after I finishedÂ The Lover’s DictionaryÂ by David Levithan.
- Estelle saidÂ IntentionsÂ by Deborah HeiligmanÂ was a great representation of your teenage years when things are coming at you from all angles.
- ONE OF MY FAVORITE non-book review posts by Estelle – Tune in Tuesday with music to depict a high school relationship of hers.
- We wrote a list of books that y’all need to read ASAP — books that are excellent but not given nearly as much attention as they deserve.
- I fell in love with Cindy C. Bennett’s writing inÂ Geek Girl – a story about a goth girl trying to turn a geeky boy bad.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Thanks so much for stopping by for this week’s Shelve It! What are you excited to be reading this weekend?