Happy Tuesday, everyone! It’s Magan bringing you the top ten authors I’d want to join me at my Thanksgiving feast. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started by The Broke and the Bookish, one of our very favorite blogs. As I work on my hypothetical list of authors I can’t help but think about how I need a bigger dining room table. And how loud I anticipate things would get if this ever actually happened because there would be so much laughter filling the room. Check out who Tahleen at the Broke and the Bookish would be inviting.
1. My very first guest would be none other than the very talented, ever quirky, blue-haired Stephanie Perkins. She’s the author of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. I began following Stephanie on twitter immediately after I finished Anna because I imagined her real life was probably just as awesome and interesting as her character’s lives. And it’s true. She keeps things interesting and fun in twitterverse.
2. My second guest is also chosen for the way she makes me laugh and crack up – both in her book Hourglass and on twitter. This person would be the one and only Myra McEntire. I imagine she and Stephanie can swap stories about hunky, dreamy boys to leave the rest of us in wonder.
3. Estelle lives in NY and I live in TX, but since we’re hypothetically speaking, she would definitely be coming to my Thanksgiving get-together. For that reason, I would invite Jennifer Echols so she and Estelle could geek out over The Muppets together. Oh, and also, Jennifer is kind of phenomenal at dreaming up boy-characters that are 100% swoon worthy. She’d join in on that aforementioned conversation about boys with Myra and Stephanie for sure.
5. To balance out the dining table, I’d have to invite two of my favorite people who write something completely different from all the ladies listed above. I’d completely fall over dead if Suzanne Collins walked through my front door. Hopefully she wouldn’t mind if I geeked out over The Hunger Games a little. And that second person would be…
6. …only the sweet and super-talented Veronica Roth. I’m kind of amazed by how well this brilliant lady wrote Divergent. Um, I went to a book signing to see her. Maybe she’d drop some juicy details about Insurgent if I made a delicious pumpkin pie… just.for.her.
7. As I mentioned in my post about Virtuosity, Jessica Martinez plays the violin herself. I think she’d provide some much-needed ambiance, and maybe we’d just open the floor for her to perform a mini-concert before dinner is served.
8. It wouldn’t be a party until J.K. Rowling arrived. Enough said.
9. Considering I just saw Breaking Dawn, Part I yesterday, I do have a few questions that I think Stephanie Meyer could answer for me. Just to clear the air. Imprinting on a baby? Yeah, I read the books, but I still think this would be a great discussion topic. Dontcha think?
10. Last, but definitely not least, is the lovely Jenny Han. I just kind of think she’s adorable, and I would love to talk to her about what her upcoming projects are…cause I need something to replace Conrad and Jeremiah.
So what do you think about my list? Seems like my husband might have to go find another Thanksgiving party because this one might be a little estrogen-heavy. :-/ Share you lists! I’d love to see who you invited!